Site SO1, Loop AREA WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS CABIN
Tongass National Forest | White Sulphur Springs Cabin
Type: STANDARD NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Capacity Rating: Double
- Checkin Time: 12:00 PM
- Checkout Time: 12:00 PM
- Max Num of People: 6
- Min Num of People: 1
- Max Num of Vehicles: 0
- Max Vehicle Length: 0
Need to Know
- Alaska cabin reservations can only be changed once. If you need to modify your reservation a second time,it must be cancelled and then re-booked by calling 1-877-444-6777.*Effective November 17, 2003 to assure fairness for everyone.*
Garbage MUST be packed out.
Cabin is primitive , no amentities except outhouse and woodstove.
No good water source near cabin, rain water collection barrel (please boil
the water before drinking.)
No overnight camping is allowed in the bathhouse.
Bring extra water due to the dehydrating effects of the hot springs.
Directions to Cabin: Accessible year round, weather permitting.
Located 65 miles Northwest of Sitka on Chichagof Island within the
West Chichagof-Yakobi Wilderness Area. In the past, floatplanes have
landed on a nearby lake, but changing conditions of the lake prevent
its use at this time. Anchorage is possible in Porcupine Bay: then
taking the skiff to the cabin. For geographic features surrounding
cabin, refer to USGS topographic. Maps Sitka D-8 and D-7.
- SETTING: Overlooks rugged North Pacific Ocean, spruce and hemlock
- PROXIMITY: 10 miles southwest of Pelican and 4 miles southeast of
- ACTIVITIES: Silver salmon and cutthroat trout in creek. Natural hot
springs bathhouse. Terrific views of the North Pacific.
- RESTRICTIONS: Bathhouse is located 50' from cabin. It is not for the
exclusive use of those reserving the cabin and is frequently used by
commercial fisherman, kayakers, and campers.
Trail accessing the cabin over sea level slough is only passible during low
tide. Brown bear frequent the area; rain gear and boots are recommended;
cabin is not maintained in winter; firewood can be scarce at any time.
For boat air charters, contact Sitka Convention & Visitors Bureau
at (907) 747-5940 or www.sitka.org