Site 2A2, Loop RED OAK RIDGE A (Trail Head)
Dale Hollow Lake | Dale Hollow Lake - Primitive Camping
Type: EQUESTRIAN NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Location Rating: Good
- Max Num of People: 15
- Min Num of People: 1
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Site Access: Drive-In
- Campfire Allowed: Yes
- Checkin Time: 03:00 PM
- Checkout Time: 02:00 PM
- Condition Rating: Basic
- Site Rating: Basic
- Is Equipment Mandatory: Yes
- : Gravel
Need to Know
- This is a multiple party site. Please be aware that there may be other groups camping at this location.
- Out of State horses must have a current Coggins test. Please bring garbage bags. This facility is Pack it in. Pack it out. Please bring your own drinking water. No alcohol.
- Park Staff will not assign you a site during the check-in process. Please choose an available site for your location. Thank you.
- Reserved campsites should be occupied by check-out on the day following your scheduled arrival date. If not, the reservation will be marked as a no-show and the site made available for another reservation.
- This site has Road Access The GPS is: N36 33.913, W85 24.525 Trail Head area shared with day users. Alcohol is not permitted on Red Oak Ridge or Sewell Bend.
- Campers are encouraged to use developed campgrounds where security and law enforcement services are provided. These services are not provided for primitive .
- Dale Hollow Lake is in a firewood quarantine area with a restricted firewood policy. Only certified heat-treated firewood is allowed to be brought into this location.
- Site accessible by vehicle. Driving Directions: Near mile marker 14.7 on TN Hwy 53 turn onto Holly Creek Road and travel for 0.8 miles. Turn right onto Otis Webb Road and travel 0.2 miles. Turn right onto Red Oak Ridge Road and travel 2.3 miles into area. Use caution as road becomes a single one-lane gravel access. Road is shared by residents and horse trailers.