Site Shelter Ridge, Loop Shelter Ridge
Hiawatha National Forest | Shelter Ridge Campsite On Grand Island
Type: WALK TO
Enter dates to check availability
- Campfire Allowed: Yes
- Hike In Distance to Site: 52800
- Proximity to Water: Island
- Site Access: Hike-In
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Shade: Yes
- Site Rating: Standard
- Capacity/Size Rating: Double
- Checkin Time: 12:00 PM
- Checkout Time: 12:00 PM
- Location Rating: Good
- Max Num of People: 6
- Is Equipment Mandatory: Yes
- Site Height/Overhead Clearance: 12
Need to Know
- More information about this campsite or other dispersed campsites can be obtained by calling the Hiawatha National Forest Visitor Center at 906-387-3700.
- This campsite can be reserved for up to 4 consecutive days. Reservations must be made at least two days in advance. Walk-ins are allowed during non-peak season and when the site is not reserved.
- From William's Landing, you must walk approximately 0.5 mile to access Channel Marker, 3.5 miles to access Gamefence, 10.5 miles to access Shelter Ridge, and 4 miles to access Little Dunes I and Little Dunes II.