Site Cache Mountain, Loop Cache Mountain
White Mountains National Recreation Area | White Mountains National Recreation Area - Alaska Cabins
Type: CABIN NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Campfire Allowed: Yes
- Checkin Time: 12:00 PM
- Checkout Time: 12:00 PM
- Max Num of People: 6
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Is Equipment Mandatory: No
Need to Know
- Recreation: Cache Mountain cabin offers visitors recreation, rustic wilderness lodging, exceptional scenery, wildlife viewing and relaxation within the White Mountains National Recreation Area. This cabin is primitive with no electricity, no indoor plumbing and no cell phone coverage.
- This is primarily a winter use cabin. From the cabin visitors may enjoy skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, snowmobiling, dog mushing and wildlife viewing all within the vicinity of the cabin.
- The Cache Mountain Cabin is not accessible to all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) in the summer (May 1 - October 14) and is difficult to reach on foot. The surrounding 1-million-acre White Mountains National Recreation area includes more than 250 miles of groomed winter trails and 12 public-use cabins.
- Directions: The most direct route from Fairbanks, Alaska, is to drive the Steese Highway to milepost 42.5 (McKay Creek Trailhead). The Cache Mountain Cabin is approximately 19.5 miles from the trailhead via the McKay Creek and Trail Creek trails.
- N65 25' 38.99" Negative W147 14' 36.100 "