Site Eleazars, Loop Eleazars
White Mountains National Recreation Area | White Mountains National Recreation Area - Alaska Cabins
Type: CABIN NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Campfire Allowed: Yes
- Checkin Time: 12:00 PM
- Checkout Time: 12:00 PM
- Max Num of People: 6
- Is Equipment Mandatory: No
Need to Know
- Recreation: Eleazar's cabin offers visitors rustic wilderness lodging, winter recreation, beautiful scenery, wildlife viewing and relaxation within the White Mountains National Recreation Area. The cabin is primitive with no water or electricity. Eleazar's cabin was primarily designed for winter use. The 1-million-acre White Mountains National Recreation Area offers more than 250 miles of groomed winter trails linking 12 public-use cabins.
- The cabin can be accessed in the summer via the Summit Trail, although this requires hiking several miles off-trail through brushy terrain. Contact the Bureau of Land Management for more information.
- Eleazar's cabin is not accessible to all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) in the summer (May 1 - October 14).
- Directions: From Fairbanks, Alaska, the most direct route is the Steese Highway to Fox and then the Elliott Highway to the Wickersham Dome Trailhead at milepost 28. The Wickersham Creek Trail leads approximately 11 miles to the junction with the Eleazar's access trail. A 1-mile-long spur trail leads to the cabin. N65 16' 44.579" negative W147 52' 33.155"