Site Fred Blixt, Loop Fred Blixt
White Mountains National Recreation Area | White Mountains National Recreation Area - Alaska Cabins
Type: CABIN NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Checkin Time: 12:00 PM
- Checkout Time: 12:00 PM
- Max Num of People: 6
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Campfire Allowed: Yes
- Is Equipment Mandatory: No
Need to Know
- Recreation: The Fred Blixt Cabin offers visitors a year-round, road-accessible getaway that is perfect for a relaxing family outing or a leisurely trip near the White Mountains National Recreation Area. It offers visitors winter and summer recreation opportunities including hiking, skiing and wildlife viewing. This is a primitive cabin with no electricity or running water.
- Popular activities including hiking and berry picking in the summer and snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and aurora viewing in the winter.
- Firewood is not provided. Please bring your own dry firewood for use in the woodstove.
- Directions: The most direct route from the city of Fairbanks, Alaska, is to travel north on the Steese Highway to Fox, Alaska, then north on the Elliott Highway Fred Blixt Cabin is located at milepost 62.5 on the east side of the road. Access is provided by a narrow, 500-foot-long driveway. The cabin features wheelchair accessibility. The Bureau of Land Management strives to keep the driveway plowed in the winter.
- N65 29' 11.330" negative W148 23' 12.897"