Site Wickersham Trail Shelter, Loop Wickersham Trail Shelter
White Mountains National Recreation Area | White Mountains National Recreation Area - Alaska Cabins
Type: CABIN NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Checkin Time: 12:00 PM
- Checkout Time: 12:00 PM
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Campfire Allowed: Yes
- Is Equipment Mandatory: No
Need to Know
- The Wickersham Creek Trail Shelter is an 8' X 10' log cabin and was built in 1975 by the Youth Conservation Corps (YCC) as an emergency shelter for travelers along the Wickersham Creek Trail.
- The shelter has a single bunk, a cook counter, and woodstove for heating.
- The Wickersham Creek Trail Shelter is available for use on a first come, first served basis. There is no charge for the use of the shelter.
- Directions: From Fairbanks, AK you drive the Steese Highway through Fox, AK, then on to the Elliot Hwy to the Wickersham Dome Trailhead. Travel the Wickersham Creek Trail for approximately 11 miles. The shelter is on the left (west) of the trail.
- N65 16' 41.204", W147 50' 49.868"