Site Crowberry, Loop Crowberry
White Mountains National Recreation Area | White Mountains National Recreation Area - Alaska Cabins
Type: CABIN NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Campfire Allowed: Yes
- Checkin Time: 12:00 PM
- Checkout Time: 12:00 PM
- Max Num of People: 6
- Is Equipment Mandatory: No
Need to Know
- Recreation: Crowberry Cabin offers visitors recreation, rustic wilderness lodging, and scenic/wildlife viewing and a relaxing experience within the White Mountains National Recreation Area. This cabin is primitive with no electricity, no indoor plumbing and no cell phone coverage. It is primarily a winter use cabin.
- During the winter, visitors to the cabin may enjoy popular activities like snowmobiling, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. The 1-million-acre White Mountains National Recreation Area offers more than 250 miles of groomed winter trails linking 12 public-use cabins.
- The cabin is accessible by all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) in the summer (May1 - October 14), however, muddy conditions can make the trip extremely difficult.
- Directions: The cabin is located on the Trail Creek Trail. From Fairbanks, Alaska, it can be accessed in two ways: 1) Via the Elliott Highway from the Wickersham Dome Trailhead at milepost 28 by taking Trail Creek Trail (26 miles), or 2) Via the Steese Highway from the McKay Creek Trailhead at milepost 42 by taking McKay Creek Trail, and then turning left onto Trail Creek Trail (27 miles).
- N65 19' 17.202" negative W147 27' 56.754"