Superior National Forest
Usda Forest Service, Minnesota.
The Superior National Forest offers an expansive variety of ways to get outside and enjoy the outdoors. It’s All Yours!
- 2,000 miles of trails designed for hiking, hunting, riding and more.
- Camp on one of the many developed "fee", rustic, or backcountry campsites, most of which are on a body of water.
- Boat, fish, swim or picnic at one of lake accesses, fishing piers, swimming beaches, or picnic areas.
- Drive on one of three national scenic byways.
- Explore the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, with over 800,000 acres it is the largest designated wilderness in the eastern.
Camping and Day Use
Activities and Experiences
- Auto Touring
- Fire Lookouts/Cabins Overnight
- Recreational Vehicles
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Sports