Green Mountain & Finger Lakes National Forests
Usda Forest Service, Vermont.
The Green Mountain & Finger Lakes National Forests’ scenic beauty along the backbone of Vermont’s Green Mountains and New York’s Finger Lakes region provide unlimited recreational opportunities in all seasons.
Some of the many opportunities we offer include:
- Over 900 miles of trails managed for both summer and winter uses
- Sections long trails like the Appalachian National Scenic Trail, the Long Trail, and the North Country Scenic Trail.
- Outsanding campgrounds, including two designated National Recreation Areas
- Eight designated wilderness areas on the Green Mountain National Forest
- 3 Alpine and 6 Nordic Commercial ski areas offering some of the most spectacular skiing in the northeast
- Countless lakes and streams for unlimited fishing and other water activities
Enjoy your Green Mountain and Finger Lakes National Forests. It’s All Yours!
Camping and Day Use
Activities and Experiences
- Auto Touring
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Sports