Journey Through Hallowed Ground Byway - Pennsylvania
Department of Transportation.
At the heart of the Journey Through Hallowed Ground Byway is its scenic landscape. In Pennsylvania, the stunning views from the byway provide the perfect setting for experiencing the monumental history and culture of this area. Travel from the downtown historic district of Gettysburg to the Gettysburg National Battlefield Park to witness the same fields bloodied in that epic Civil War battle. These fields also mark the place where Lincoln delivered his famous Gettysburg address and lie not far from the Eisenhower Farm, where President Eisenhower retreated and entertained foreign dignitaries.
Getting to the Byway:
Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI), MD
- From the airport take I-195 W.
- Take exit 4A to I-95 N toward I-695/Baltimore.
- Take exit 49B to I-695 W toward Towson.
- Take exit 16 toward Frederick.
- Take I-70 W.
- Take exit 53B to US-15 N/US-40 W toward Gettysburg.
- Stay on 15 N to MD/PA line, where the byway begins in those states.
- From the terminal, head east on Essington Ave/Philadelphia International Airport.
- Take the I-476 S ramp on the left to I-95 S/Delaware.
- Merge onto I-95 S.
- Take exit
3B-A for US-322 W toward West Chester.
- Merge onto Conchester Road/US-322.
- Turn left at Baltimore Pike/US-1/US-322. Turn right at US-202/US-322/Wilmington Pike.
- Take the ramp onto W Chester Bypass/US-202/US-322 and continue to follow
the W Chester Bypass/US-202.
- Take a slight right at PA-100N and then merge onto
US-30 W via the ramp to Downingtown/Lancaster
- Following the ramp to Harrisburg/York, merge onto US-30 W.
- Take the US-30 W exit toward Gettysburg.
- Merge onto W Market Street/US-30 and continue to follow US -30.
- At Center Square, take the second exit onto W King Street/Lincoln Way East/US 30.
to follow Lincoln Way E/US-30. At Lincoln Square head north or south on US-15
Navigating the Byway:
The Journey Through Hallowed Ground Byway in Pennsylvania begins at the intersection of Old Harrisburg Road/US 15 and Shrivers Corner Road/State Highway 394.
* Drive southwest on Old Harrisburg Road/US Route 15 Business.
* Turn south on Carlisle Street/US Route 15 Business towards Gettysburg.
* Follow US Route 15 Business, which merges with US Route 15 at Fairplay, PA.
* Continue on US-15 toward Maryland.
The byway in Pennsylvania ends along US-15 at the PA/MD border.