Nebo Loop Scenic Byway
Department of Transportation.
From Nephi to Payson, this route has breathtaking views of the Wasatch Range and 11,929-foot Mt. Nebo, its tallest mountain. See flat bottomlands, high-alpine conifers, red rock formations, gray sandstone cliffs and salt flats all in the same day. Sights include Devil's Kitchen, Walker Flat and Mt. Nebo Wilderness.
Getting to the Byway:
Salt Lake City, UT
- Take I-15 south toward Provo.
- Continue south past Provo until you reach Payson Exit 254. Exit
and turn left onto Payson Main Street (R-77).
- Travel south until Main Street intersects with 100 North
- Turn left and travel east to 600 East, then turn right on 600
East. Stay on this road, which eventually becomes Canyon Road, and
head south to the entrance to Payson Canyon and the beginning of
St. George, UT
- Follow I-15 north to Nephi Exit 222.
- Turn left and travel north on Nephi Main Street (SR-41) to 100
North (State Route 132).
- Turn right and go east about two miles to the entrance of the
byway (CR-015) on your left.
Navigating the Byway:
Access the byway in the city of Payson. Take 7th South (Payson Canyon Road) east to the beginning of the byway (CR-015) in Payson Canyon. Stay on this road for the duration of the byway, which ends just east of Nephi at UT-132 (Nephi's 1st Street).