Department Of Transportation.
Crucial in the First Campaign of the Civil War, this road now features pristine Civil War sites and charming historic towns. Hike through vast forests; fish in secluded waters; ride a wild mountain railroad. Explore this byway whose woods, small farms and beautiful mountain vistas take you back to an earlier time.
Getting to the Byway:
* Take I-77 north to WV-47 in Parkersburg where the byway begins.
* Take I-70 east to Cambridge, OH. * Get on I-77 and go south to WV-47 in Parkersburg, WV where the byway begins.
* Take I-79 southwest to Washington, PA. * Get on I-70 and go west to Cambridge, OH. * Merge onto I-77 and head south to US-50. * Follow US-50 west to WV-47 in Parkersburg, WV where the byway begins.
* Take I-66 west to Strasburg, VA * Get on I-81 and go south to Staunton, VA * Take US-250 northwest to West Virginia where the byway begins.
Navigating the Byway:
* Follow US 250 west from the West Virginia/Virginia state line to Huttonsville. * Follow US 219 north to the Town of Beverly. * Follow US 33 through Elkins, Buckhannon, and Weston. * Near Troy go onto State Road 47 and follow it to Parkersburg.