Bureau of Land Management, Arizona.
From 1874-1876, the LDS Church operated two saw mills at Nixon Spring. Lumber was hauled by ox team to St. George, Utah to construct the St. George LDS Temple. The Temple Trail follows this historic route along the Hurricane Cliffs and continues on through the Fort Pearce Wash. The trail has some markers along the route and is primarily used by equestrians.
From St. George, Utah via South River Road. Head south on the Mt. Trumbull Loop on BLM 1069 for 22 miles. Continue south on County Road 5 for 27 miles. Turn left at the Mt. Trumbull Schoolhouse to continue on county Road 5 for 12 miles. The trailhead will be on the left side of the road.