Bureau Of Land Management, Colorado.
Visit a 1,000-year-old ancestral Puebloan site, which includes a 40-room village. The Lowry Pueblo site was first excavated in 1931 and became a National Historic Landmark in 1967. It is one of the most significant BLM archaeological sites in the Four Corners region, where Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, and Arizona meet. For more information please contact the Canyons of the Ancients National Monument Visitor Center and Museum.
From Cortez, travel about 18 miles north on U.S. Highway 491 (666) to the "Pleasant View and Lowry" sign (Rd. CC). Turn west (left) on Rd. CC and follow the signs.