Us Army Corps Of Engineers, West Virginia.
Authorized by the Rivers and Harbors Act of 1935, Tygart Dam was the first of 16 flood control projects in the Pittsburgh District. Tygart has the capability to store the equivalent run off of 4.56 inches of precipitation from its 1,184 square mile drainage basin. Tygart Lake held the honor for several years as having the most concrete in any dam east of the Mississippi River with a staggering 324,000 cubic yards. To date, Tygart has prevented over one billion dollars in flood damages.
Located 3 miles south of Grafton on County Rd. 9.