Us Army Corps of Engineers, Florida.
The Lake Seminole project, originally authorized as the Jim Woodruff Lock & Dam Project by the River and Harbor Act of 1946, was the first of three locks and dams constructed for navigation, hydro-power, recreation and related use purposes on the Apalachicola, Chattahoochee, and Flint River systems. Construction of this muti-purpose project began in 1947 and was completed in 1957. Lake Seminole borders both Georgia and Florida and has 37,500 acres of water and over 18,000 acres of surrounding land.
From Tallahassee, FL, 42 mi W on US 90 to Chattahoochee, FL, to North on Decatur Street 1 mi. Decatur Street becomes Booster Club Road, the dam and visitor center are on the left (2382 Booster Club Road).