Us Army Corps of Engineers, Georgia.
Lake George W. Andrews is named for George William Andrews, who was born in Clayton, Alabama in 1906 and served as a United States Representative from 1944 until his death in 1971. The project was originally named the Columbia Lock and Dam and was renamed for Congressman Andrews in 1972. Lake George W. Andrews day use parks include: Abbie Creek Park and West Bank Park located on the Alabama side, and Coheelee Creek Park located on the Georgia side.
In Dothan take 431 north to Abbeville (27 miles). In Abbeville take Hwy. 10 East to Ft. Gaines, GA. In Ft. Gaines take Hwy 39 north, go 2 miles. ACF/Walter F. George Resource Site building is on the left.