Us Army Corps of Engineers, Texas.
O.C. Fisher Reservoir was completed by the US Army Corps of Engineers in 1952 for flood control on the North Concho River. Most of O.C. Fisher is leased to the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department and is known as San Angelo State Park. It's located adjacent to the City of San Angelo and is an oasis of quality outdoor recreation in an area of west Texas known as Concho Country. The park contains 7677 acres, most of which will remain undeveloped, and a wide range of facilities are available for the enjoyment of the visitor. Desert plants bloom in this semi-desert region. Turkey, deer and quail are hunted here. The Park's address is: San Angelo State Park (O.C. Fisher) 3900-2 Mercedes San Angelo, TX 76901-2630; (915)949-4757. Angelo State University also has leased some of the lands at O.C. Fisher, and they also offer hunting for deer and turkey. They can be contacted at: Deer Hunt Research Project Box 10888 ASU Station San Angelo, TX 76909; (915)942-2027 or 2389.
Adjacent to the western city limits of San Angelo, off FM 853 and Mercedes Avenue.