Church Camp Road Recreational Shooting Site
Church Camp Road Recreational Shooting Site does not offer reservations through Recreation.gov. Please take a look at the area details below for more information about visiting this location. Enjoy your visit!
Church Camp Road is a developed recreational shooting sports site with fixed steel targets. The focused activity at this site is rifle and pistol shooting. Shotguns are not permitted. You may not bring your own targets to the site.
The area includes these amenities:
- fixed, 6- and 12-inch steel targets
- 50-, 100-, 200-yard shooting lanes
- concrete shooting platform
- shooting tables at the 100- and 200-yard lanes
- gravel parking area
- two accessible parking spaces
- information signs and kiosk
- vault toilet
- trash receptacles
- two metal shade structures
Jan. 28-April 21: Open 7 am to 6 pm
April 22-Aug. 26: Open 7 am to 7 pm
Aug. 27-Oct. 7: Open 7 am to 6 pm
Oct. 8-Jan. 27: Open 7 am to 5 pm
The site will be closed each Wednesday for maintenance and cleaning.
Total maximum site occupancy at Church Camp is 50 people.
Emergencies: Call 911
- You may only use a site during designated operating hours as posted at each site, listed on the BLM’s website, and consistent with State law.
- You may not enter a site for any purpose other than activities associated with recreational shooting.
- Do not enter the hazardous exclusion area.
- Inside the designated recreation area, you may only discharge a firearm from a designated firing platform towards an authorized target with a developed or designated backstop. Hunting within the recreation area and outside the facility area is permitted under State regulations where consistent with Federal regulations.
- Never discharge a firearm or any other projectile device when someone is beyond the firing line.
- Do not exceed the maximum occupancy posted at each site.
- Keep off all buildings and structures, whether they are occupied or unoccupied.
- Do not engage in disorderly conduct.
- Do not leave any personal property unattended.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult while in a site.
- You may not use, possess, consume, or be under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances as defined by State law, Federal law, or both.
- Do not shoot at wildlife, livestock, or vegetation.
- Clean up after yourself and your pets.
Each site has fixed steel targets installed. You may not use your own targets at the site.
Rifles are restricted to ammunition that is .50 caliber or less. Steel core, armor-piercing, incendiary, and tracer ammunition and paintball equipment is prohibited.
Learn more about the Phoenix-area recreational shooting sites.