Green Mountain Camp Site
Near Christmas Valley, Oregon
Green Mountain Camp Site does not offer reservations through Recreation.gov. Please take a look at the area details below for more information about visiting this location. Enjoy your visit!
Featuring panoramic views of the lava flows, cinder cones, and the desert landscape of the Fort Rock and Christmas Valley area of central Oregon, the Green Mountain Campground offers a remote camping experience perfect for photography, solitude and stargazing. Whether using it as a basecamp for exploring nearby attractions like Crack-in-the-Ground and the Four Craters Lava Field, or simply seeking an out-of-the-way site with stunning sunrises and sunsets, visitors willing to brave its rough access road will not be disappointed.
Know Before You Go:
- Open Season Green Mountain Campground is open YEAR ROUND.
- Four-wheel Drive Vehicles Recommended. Access is via rugged dirt roads that may be impassable at times.
- 6 primitive campsites with picnic tables and fire grates; first come, first serve.
- Vault Restroom.
- No Drinking Water available.
- Pack Out Your Trash.
- The Nearest Services are in the nearby towns of Christmas Valley Oregon.
- BLM’s Crack-in-the-Ground Trailhead located nearby.
Point of Interest:
There is an active fire lookout atop nearby Green Mountain that is staffed from June through October.