King'S Palace Tour
Carlsbad Caverns National Park Tours
- Moderately Easy: On this tour you will leisurely stroll through four naturally decorated chambers of the cave with a ranger. You will descend to the deepest portion of the cavern open to the public. Cave formations you will observe include helictites, draperies, columns and soda straws.
- Rangers frequently conduct "black-outs" during this tour, briefly turning off all artificial lights to reveal the natural darkness of the cave.
- The trail is a paved pathway. You will encounter a flight of stairs and also a steep 80 foot hill you must go down initially and then back up at the end of the tour.
- Closed-toe shoes with good traction (e.g. lug soles) are recommended. Flip flops, sandals, and some walking shoes have little or no traction and increase the possibility of slips, trips, and falls.
- Children under 4 years of age are not allowed on this tour.
- Prices: Adult: $8.00, Child: $4.00, Interagency Access Pass: $4.00, Interagency Senior Pass: $4.00
Select a date to see a list of times
Need to Know
- Need to Know
- I have read and agree with the arrival time requirements for guided tours:
- Reserved tickets must be picked up no later than 30 minutes prior to the posted tour starting time. No refunds for late arrivals.
- Visitor Center Operational Hours: Winter hours are from the day after Labor Day until Memorial Day weekend, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Summers hours are from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Participants are required to have a general admission and a tour ticket.
- Long sleeves or a light jacket recommended.
- Children under four years of age are not allowed.
- Prices for Interagency Senior and Access pass holders are for those pass holders only. All others must purchase a separate full priced ticket.
- Accessibility: There is no handicap accessibility on this tour.
- Amenities: Restrooms are located in the Visitor Center and in the cavern Underground Lunchroom. There are no restroom opportunities during the tour. There is a restaurant in the Visitor Center as well as limited food available in the cavern Underground Lunchroom. Book store and gift shops are located in the Visitor Center. Kennel Services are available.