Guided Tour of Theodore Roosevelt'S Home
Sagamore Hill National Historic Site Tours
A Guided Tour of Theodore Roosevelt's home provided by park staff or a volunteer.
Select a date to see a list of times
Need to Know
- Important Tour Information
Online Reservations Only. No tickets are sold in person at Sagamore Hill. Tickets must be purchased on Recreation.gov. Tours are Thursday - Sunday.
Tickets and Tours:
- Advanced Tickets - 10 am and 11am tours open on the 1st of each month (e.g. Sep 1 for all of Oct).
- Day Before Tickets - 2pm and 3pm tours will open on the morning of the day before (e.g. Sep 2nd 2pm & 3pm tickets would open on the morning of Sep 1st). As staffing allows.
- Day Of Tickets - A 1pm tour will open on recreation.gov in the morning of the same day if staffing allows.
- Tours are approximately 45 minutes long with time spent indoors and outdoors.
Masks: Are not currently required inside the Roosevelt Home. Visitors may choose to wear one. Masks are required when the CDC COVID-19 Community Level is HIGH in Nassau County. See Current Conditions for more information. (nps.gov/sahi/planyourvisit/conditions)
Meeting Your Tour Guide:
- Arrive On Time. Visitors who arrive late will not be admitted into the Roosevelt Home. Tour-goers should meet their guide at the front door of the Roosevelt Home at their scheduled tour time. Tours will begin promptly at the scheduled time. Please have your email confirmation from Recreation.gov to show your tour guide.
- Backpacks and strollers are not permitted inside the Roosevelt Home.
- Inclement Weather. Please dress according to the weather, as a portion of the tour will take place outdoors. Tours will take place rain or shine.
- Temperatures Inside the Roosevelt Home. The house is cooled during the day by window A/C units. During extended periods of heat and humidity the Roosevelt Home, especially the 2nd and 3rd floors, can get quite hot. When the upstairs are determined to be unsafe due to heat, tours will not go to the 2nd and/or 3rd floors of the home.
- Free Child and Pass Holder Tickets. Interagency Pass holders and children 15 and under are eligible for free tickets. A non-refundable $1.00 advance reservation service fee applies to each free child or interagency pass holder ticket reserved. Select “Child” or “Interagency Pass” from the drop down menu when purchasing.
- Groups, Scouts, and Education Tours. These types of tours are currently not available. Please check back at a later date for updated inventory.
Getting to the Tour. The Roosevelt Home is located approximately 300 walking steps up a slight incline from the parking lot. Look for accessibility path markers in order to take a more gradual path to the Roosevelt Home. This marked path leads to a ramp on the backside of the porch.
Inside the Home. There is a ramp on the porch of the Roosevelt Home that allows wheelchair access to the first floor. Access to the second and third floor is by stairs only.
Old Orchard Museum and the Nature Trail. The Old Orchard Museum is approximately 1/4 mile from the parking lot. Access via wheelchair is by the back entrance. Follow accessibility markers. The Nature Trail is an unpaved dirt path with steep inclines and cannot be accessed by wheelchair.
Accessibility Questions. Please contact the park directly if you have questions regarding accessibility. By phone: (516)922-4788. By email: email@example.com