Wild Cave Tour: Family
Crystal Cave Tours Sequoia National Park
On this tour, your family will learn about the world of cave exploration by participating in your own family caving adventure! Families will be provided with all the necessary gear -- helmet, kneepads, light -- before entering the Cave with two trained naturalists. The group will leave the paved trail, away from the tour lights, for a short trip to The Well that lies below the main level of Crystal Cave. Cavers must be in good physical condition, able to climb over large rocks and have no fear of small or enclosed spaces. Participants should expect to get dirty! Offered Firday mid-June thru mid-August.
Select a date to see a list of times
Need to Know
- Health Concerns
- Visitors with known heart or respiratory problems, poor circulation or difficulty walking long distances and negotiating stairs, should not take this tour. Evacuation from the cave to a hospital for medical attention could take several hours.
- If you have a fear of heights or suffer from claustrophobia, this tour is not the best choice for you. Please read tour descriptions carefully when making your selection.
- Tour requirements
- Participants must come in full-length pants and a long-sleeved t-shirt. Items, including shoes, must not have been in another cave or mine since 2005.
- Shoes must be closed-toed with sufficient tread. INAPPROPRIATE FOOTWEAR MAY RESULT IN DENIED ACCESS.
- Chest or hip size greater than 50 inches will NOT fit through passageways.
- Age Limitations
- Ages 10 and up, this tour is intended to introduce caving to children ages 10-15 accompanied by an adult guardian.
- If members in your group are all ages 16 and up, please see the Wild Cave Tour: Adult.
- Season Length
- Tour only offered Sundays mid-June thru mid-August.
- For more information visit: www.sequoiaparks.org/crystalcave