Wild Cave Tour: Adult
Crystal Cave Tours Sequoia National Park
Explore off-trail, crawl, and climb through passageways, over steep drop-offs and past intricate formations on a belly-crawling tour. This tour gives you the opportunity to learn about Sierran caves first hand. Your cave guide will explain how the delicate formations such as soda straws, rimstone dams and cave pearls are formed. Experience total darkness and silence interrupted only by the rhythmic sounds of dripping and flowing water. Expect to come away with great memories, new knowledge and insight, intermingled with sore muscles and a thick coating of dirt from head to toe. All participants must be in good physical condition to participate. Offered Saturdays only mid-June through mid-August.
Select a date to see a list of times
Need to Know
- Tour requirements
- Participants must come in full-length pants and a long-sleeved t-shirt. Items, including shoes, must not have been in another cave or mine since 2005.
- Shoes must be closed-toe with sufficient tread. INAPPROPRIATE FOOTWEAR MAY RESULT IN DENIED ACCESS.
- Chest or hip size greater than 50 inches will NOT fit through passageways.
- Health concerns
- Visitors with known heart or respiratory problems, poor circulation or difficulty walking long distances and negotiating stairs, should not take this tour. Evacuation from the cave to a hospital for medical attention could take several hours.
- If you have a fear of heights or suffer from claustrophobia, this tour is not the best choice for you.
- Please read tour descriptions carefully when making your selection. For more information visit: www.sequoiaparks.org/crystalcave
- Season Length
- Tour only offered Saturdays mid-June thru mid-August.