Yaquina Head Lighthouse Tour
Yaquina Head Lighthouse Tours
Travel back in time with a costumed ranger to explore more than 140 years of lighthouse history. Tours last 40-45 minutes and are historic in nature. Twenty minutes is spent studying the ground floor and hearing stories of times past. After climbing the towers 114 steps you can glimpse the First Order Fresnel Lens that is still in use and catch a stunning view of Oregons coastline.
Select a date to see a list of times
Need to Know
- These 40-45 minute tours are historic in nature and not intended for children under 5 years of age. Children must be at least 42" tall and capable of climbing 114 steps on their own.
- The 114-stair climb to the top of Oregon's tallest lighthouse can be strenuous! Visitors with heart, respiratory, or other medical conditions should use their own discretion as to whether to climb the tower.
- The lighthouse may close at any time if weather conditions are unsafe.
- Tickets must be picked up at the Interpretive Center 30 minutes prior to tour. If tickets are not claimed by 15 minutes prior to tour, they will be forfeited.
- The following safety rules apply:
The following safety rules apply:
- Children under 12 must be escorted by someone 16 years of age or older.
- No person may be lifted or carried on the stairs or landings.
- Running, jumping, or stomping on stairs and landings is prohibited.
- Smoking, food and drink are not allowed.
- No pets; service animals trained to perform a task are permitted.
- Do not arrive in heels over 1.5 inches high, flip flops, or in bare feet.
- Please leave large backpacks, tripods, and toys in your vehicle.
- Ticket Pick-Up
Tickets must be picked up at the Yaquina Head Interpretive Center 30 minutes prior to tour time. If tickets are not claimed by 15 minutes prior to tour time, they will be forfeited.