Bodie Island Lighthouse Tickets
Cape Hatteras National Seashore Tickets
- Lighthouse climbing tickets can only be purchased on the day of your intended climb. Tickets go on sale daily at 7 a.m. Tickets may not be purchased for future dates.
- Be at the base of the lighthouse 5 minutes prior to your ticket time. No refunds for no shows or late arrivals.
- Children must be at least 42" tall and will be measured prior to climbing. Children must be capable of climbing all steps on their own.
- Please read the "Need to Know" section below.
- The Bodie Island Lighthouse has 219 steps from the ground to the balcony level--equal to climbing a 10-story building. The spiral flights of narrow stairs have a handrail only on one side.
- There is no air conditioning and no elevator in the lighthouse. It may be noisy, humid, and hot inside the lighthouse. Visitors with heart, respiratory or other medical conditions, or who have trouble climbing stairs, should use their own discretion as to whether to take this tour.
- Climbers are encouraged to bring water in a non-glass sealable container.
Select a date to see a list of times
Need to Know
Be at the base of the lighthouse 5 minutes prior to your ticket time. No refunds for no shows or late arrivals.
Children must be at least 42" tall and will be measured prior to climbing. Children must be capable of climbing all steps on their own. Keep in mind that some children may not enjoy the dark, sometimes claustrophobic environment. No person may be lifted or carried (including child carriers). Children 11 years of age and under must be accompanied by an adult who is 16 years of age or older.
Throwing any object off of the lighthouse is unsafe and prohibited.
Running, jumping and stomping on stairs or landings is not allowed. Shaking of handrails is not allowed.
Eating, smoking or chewing tobacco is prohibited inside the lighthouse.
Backpacks, tripods, coolers, beach bags, and other bulky items also need to be left in your car.
Bare feet and heels over 1.5" are not allowed.
- Weight Restrictions
Maximum of 260 lbs. per person.
No pets, other than service animals will be allowed.