Fdr Home Group Tour
Home Of Franklin D. Roosevelt National Historic Site Tours
- FDR's Home - Springwood will be under renovation from April 1, 2020 - October 31, 2020 and closed to visitors. The Presidential Library & Museum will remain open, as well as FDR's Retreat - Top Cottage. Mini programs will be offered by NPS Rangers, free of charge, throughout the day and covering a wide variety of topics. Eleanor Roosevelt's NHS and Vanderbilt Mansion NHS will remain open.
Springwood, FDR’s lifelong home, served as his primary residence from his birth in 1882 until his death in 1945. The home opened to the public a year later and today visitors can see it as it was during FDR’s final days.
Select a date to see a list of times
Need to Know
- Visitation Guidlines
- Advance reservations are available ONLY for groups of 10 or more people. Individual tickets are available first-come, first-served at the site.
- Public tour times of the FDR Home are listed below. Admission into the FDR Museum is available anytime during operational hours.
- Open seven days a week, closed only Thanksgiving, Christmas Day & New Years Day. Weather closures are common, please check website for more information.
- Tour times are subject to change.
- Should unexpected high visitation occur, guided tours will switch to self-guided tours.
- Reservation times are offered in addition to public tour times.
- Tour guides & bus drivers must be counted in the group in order to enter.
- Maximum of 50 people per group.
- Every person requires a ticket.
- If you arrive late, your tour is forfeited. If we are able to provide a tour for your group later in the day, you will be charged a second time.
- Refunds are available, minus the reservation fee, until 24 hours before the tour. No exceptions.
- When is the best time to visit?
Late June and September are good times to visit and the weather is still nice. High visitation often occurs on weekends, holidays and during the month of October. Crowds are smaller in May and November.
May - October
Public tours of the FDR Home are offered throughout the day at: 9:30, 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:00, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, and 4:00.
The Presidential Library & Museum is open 9 am - 6 pm.
November – April
Public tours are offered at 9:30, 11:00, 1:00 and 4:00 pm.*
*last public tour is at 3 pm during daylight savings, November thru January.
The Presidential Library & Museum is open 9 am - 5 pm.
- Is this a walking tour?
Yes, this tour involves a .25 mile walk to the home and back.
The tour takes places indoors and outdoors. Please dress according to the weather. Tours operate during high tempertatures, low tempatures, snow and rain.
- Do I need to go on a guided tour?
Access to the home is by tour only. When unexpected high visitation occurs, the guided tours may switch to self guided tours.
- Can Photos be taken inside the homes?
No flash photography.