Home Of Franklin D. Roosevelt National Historic Site Tours
Top Cottage was FDRs presidential retreat, where he brought close friends and political allies to discuss the state of the world or simply to relax. Read more about Top Cottage . Visitors may also purchase first-come, first-served tickets at the Henry A. Wallace Visitor and Education Center.
Select a date to see a list of times
Need to Know
- When is Top Cottage available and how do I get there?
- Top Cottage is open April 26 - October 24, 2020. Monday thru Friday only
- Departure times are 11:10 am, 1:10 pm and 3:10 pm
- Tickets are issued at the Wallace Center on the Roosevelt Estate. 4079 Albany Post Rd. Hyde Park, NY 12538
- Transportation is provided by the National Park Service. If an accessible option or other special arrangements are needed - please contact Kevin at 845-229-6225 at least 7 days before visit.
- You must collect your ticket 30 minutes prior to departure time. Tickets will not be held and there will be no refunds processed if the departure is missed.
- Do I have to go on the NPS van?
Yes, transportation to Top Cottage is provided by the National Park Service. Please do not drive to the location, there is no public parking available and you risk a ticket. Seating is limited to 10 bodies.