Horse Creek Group Campground
Willamette National Forest
Horse Creek Group Campground is located on the banks of Horse Creek. The rushing water and tall Douglas fir trees offer a cool, shady spot to enjoy the outdoors.
A picnic area offers a great spot for grilling and group gatherings.
Horse Creek accommodates up to 100 campers and 23 vehicles. The campground comes with drinking water, picnic tables, vault toilets and campfire rings. Visitors need to bring their own firewood.
Need to Know
- Entry to the site is through a locked gate. The combination is provided in the reservation confirmation letter. Call the McKenzie River Ranger Station (541) 822-3381 at least 72 hours prior to arrival to confirm combination code and for updates.
- The McKenzie River Ranger District office is open Monday-Saturday during summer, and Monday-Friday the rest of the year. Please call 541-822-3381 for information at least 72 hours prior to arrival for updates or other information. Office hours are 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- No electric hookups are available
- No discharging firearms, possession of fireworks or use of chainsaws.
- For more information on Willamette National Forest, click here
- Don't Move Firewood: Please protect Pacific Northwest forests by preventing the spread of invasive species. Firewood can carry insects and diseases that can threaten the health of our western forests. You can make a difference by obtaining and burning your firewood near your camping destination. Visit Dontmovefirewood.org for further information.
The campground sits along Horse Creek among Douglas fir and Western Red Cedar. The creek flows into the McKenzie River, a 90-mile tributary that transports snowmelt from the Cascade Range to the Willamette Valley.
Set along the western slopes of the Cascade Mountains, gorgeous, lush mountain landscapes are found in every direction.
Cougar Reservoir is about 10 miles southwest and boasts excellent boating opportunities.
Fishing in Horse Creek is an enjoyable pastime. The McKenzie River National Recreation Trailhead is nearby, offering fun-filled hiking and biking opportunities. The 26-mile trail boasts wonderful scenery along the river, and is an easy hike for all ages. There are also numerous developed boat launches that provide access to the McKenzie River.
57600 McKenzie Hwy. MCKENZIE BRIDGE OR 97413
For campground inquiries, please call: 541-822-3381
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Eugene, Oregon: Take I-105 East McKenzie River to highway 126E. Go 55 miles on Hwy 126 to McKenzie Bridge. From McKenzie Bridge travel east on Highway 126 to Horse Creek Road #2638. Turn right on Horse Creek Road and travel southeast for 2 miles to Horse Creek Group Campground. The campground is the first left after the junction with King Road.