Tahoe National Forest
Boyington Mill Campground is located along the Little Truckee River, just 20 minutes from Truckee. Visitors enjoy the area for its fishing, abundant hiking opportunities and off-road trails. Stampede and Boca reservoirs are nearby for boating and swimming. This facility is operated and maintained by the Tahoe National Forest.
The campground offers single-family campsites, each equipped with a picnic table and campfire ring with grill. Vault toilets are provided, but there is no drinking water available at the site.
Need to Know
- Drinking water is not available at this campground. Campers must bring their own supply. The closest drinking water can be found at Boca Rest Camprgound.
- Off-road vehicles can only be used to enter and exit the facility. Recreational riding is not allowed in the campground
- Click here for more information on the Tahoe National Forest
- Fire restrictions may be imposed at any time due to hot, dry weather conditions, at which time campfires and charcoal fires may not be allowed. For current fire conditions or weather closures contact the Truckee Ranger District (530) 587-3558 (voice), (530) 587-6907 (TDD).
- Don't Move Firewood: Protect California's forests from tree-killing pests by buying your firewood locally and burning it on-site. For more information visit firewood.ca.gov. Firewood available from the campground hosts at Boca Rest Campground or Boca Spring Campground (subject to availability).
- One vehicle included with reservation. Additional vehicle fee cost is $5/each per night for all untowed vehicles. Please pay extra vehicle fee at the self-serve fee tube located near campground entrance.
- Due to the Boca Dam closure, Boca Boat Ramp will not be easily accessible from Boyington Mill Campground. Unimproved boat launching areas are available on the east shore of Boca Reservoir, south of Boca Rest Campground.
The campground is situated on the banks of the Little Truckee River, which is known as one of Northern California's best catch-and-release fly-fishing streams. It is situated among sparse Jeffrey pine and fir trees and shade within the campground is limited.
Boca Reservoir is a couple miles south of the campground. Stampede Reservoir is less than six miles north. Boating, water skiing, swimming and fishing are popular activities on both scenic lakes. Lake Tahoe is located about 35 minutes from the campground and offers excellent boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and scenic driving opportunities, as well as popular dining, shopping and lodging options.
Truckee, 20 minutes away, offers all the amenities of a year round recreational mountain town including interstate highway connectivity, top notch restaurants, resorts and hotels, grocery stores, gas stations, shopping, and historic sites. Other recreational opportunities include Historic Boca Townsite Interpretive Trail, Donner Camp Interpretive Trail, Overland Emigrant Commemorative Trial, Stampede Reservoir Recreation Area, Prosser Pits OHV area, and numerous hiking, mountain biking, and OHV trails.
Fly-fishing for rainbow and brown trout in the Little Truckee River is a popular activity enjoyed by visitors to the campground. The surrounding area offers hiking, mountain biking and off-road vehicle trails.
10811 Stockrest Springs Road Truckee CA 96161
For campground inquiries, please call: (530) 587-3558. FOR RESERVATIONS, PLEASE CALL: 1 (877) 444-6777.
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Truckee, travel east on Highway 80 for 10 miles, to the Hirschdale Road exit. Follow Hirschdale Road approximately five miles north, to the campground.
- Site 003, Loop AREA BOYINGTON MILL, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 006, Loop AREA BOYINGTON MILL, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 009, Loop AREA BOYINGTON MILL, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 002, Loop AREA BOYINGTON MILL, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 001, Loop AREA BOYINGTON MILL, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 011, Loop AREA BOYINGTON MILL, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 004, Loop AREA BOYINGTON MILL, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 005, Loop AREA BOYINGTON MILL, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 010, Loop AREA BOYINGTON MILL, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 012, Loop AREA BOYINGTON MILL, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 008, Loop AREA BOYINGTON MILL, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 007, Loop AREA BOYINGTON MILL, Type Standard Nonelectric