Tatman Run Picnic Shelter
Tatman Run Recreation Area is located on the southern end of Raystown Lake. The recreation area is easily accessible from Route 994 and offers a great location for picnicking and swimming at the beach.
Tatman offers one group shelter with approximately 10 tables. Electricity is not available. It is fully accessible and comfortably accommodates up to 80 people with a view of the lake.
Need to Know
- Picnic shelter hours are 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Please refer to list of amenities at shelter sites listed in 'Site Details'.
- Restrooms and dumpsters are provided at each shelter.
- Trash containers are not provided at the shelter but are available in the adjacent parking lots.
- Your group is responsible for cleaning up the shelter area (including removal of decorations, tacks, tape), grills, and proper placement of picnic tables prior to your departure. Contact the Ranger Office at (814) 658-6809 for additional information on how to proceed with this request.
- Please bring your conformation letter the day of your reservation.
- Obey all speed limits. Drive carefully and watch for children.
- Pets are permitted but must be penned, caged, on a leash under six feet in length or otherwise be physically restrained.
Tatman Run is situated right off the main channel of Raystown Lake. Nearby access to the lake makes this shelter a great place to picnic, fish, swim and launch a boat all in one day.
The area offers plenty of recreation opportunities including Aitch Boat Launch, James Creek Boat Launch, Lake Raystown Resort, Seven Points Recreation Area, and Seven Points Marina.
A beach for swimming makes this shelter a popular area for family picnics or special parties.
A boat ramp within the facility provides access to the 8,300-acre Raystown Lake, which is popular for boating, camping and fishing.
6145 Seven Points Rd. Hesston PA 16647
For campground inquiries, please call: 814-658-3405
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From southbound Rt. 26 at Rt. 22, continue approximately 16 miles to the second blinking yellow light. Turn left on Rt. 994 towards Tatman Run (marked by sign). Continue another 4 miles. Just past the Lake Raystown Resort, turn left into Tatman Run (marked by sign).