Site 008, Loop McMillan Campground
Gettysburg National Military Park | Mcmillan Woods Scout And Youth Group Campground
Type: GROUP TENT ONLY AREA NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Campfire Allowed: Yes
- Checkin Time: 12:00 PM
- Location Rating: Good
- Max Num of People: 25
- Shade: Yes
- Site Access: Hike-In
- Checkout Time: 11:00 AM
- Hike In Distance to Site: 175
- Min Num of People: 10
- Site Rating: Basic
- Site Height/Overhead Clearance: 6
- Driveway Entry: N/A
- Driveway Grade: Moderate
- Driveway Length: 1000
- Driveway Surface: Gravel
- Is Equipment Mandatory: Yes
- Max Num of Vehicles: 8
- Max Vehicle Length: 25
Need to Know
- No Buses or RVs permitted in campground or parking area.
- No vehicles/trailers of any kind permitted in the campsites or common area. Park in the parking lot. All equipment must be carried in and out.
- Water is provided for drinking only. Fill up containers and carry them back to your site. No bathing, shaving, washing, brushing of teeth, etc. at faucets.
- No Coal or Charcoal fires. Propane and white gas camp stoves are permitted. Fire wood only in the fire rings at each site. Do not leave fires unattended, and extinguish completely when leaving.
- Use of generators is prohibited.
- Tents must be erected within the marked camp site. Do not camp outside of your designated site, in the tree line, or in the common area.
- Do not hang hammocks from, or attach tents, shelters, tarps or any other objects to the trees in the campground.
- No pets are allowed in the campground. Please contact the Law Enforcement Ranger Station at 717-334-0909 if you require an exemption for a service animal.
- Quiet hours are between 10:00 PM and 6:00 AM. All groups must remain in the campground between those hours.
- Digging is not allowed for any reason.
- Climbing on monuments and cannons on the battlefield is prohibited.