Usda Forest Service, Colorado.
The Arapaho National Forest was established by Theodore Roosevelt on July 1, 1908. The Roosevelt National Forest, originally part of the Medicine Bow Forest Reserve, was first named the Colorado National Forest in 1910 and was renamed by President Herbert Hoover to honor President Theodore Roosevelt in 1932. The Pawnee National Grassland was transferred to the Forest Service from the Soil Conservation Service in 1954. It was designated a national grassland in 1960.
From Interstate 25 to the Supervisor's Office: Take the Prospect Road exit and travel approximately four and one-half miles west. Turn left onto Centre Avenue (south). Our building is located at the third entrance (top of the hill) into the Natural Resources Research Center. The Canyon Lakes District Office and Visitor Center (1st floor) and Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests and Pawnee National Grasslands Headquarters (2nd floor) are co-located at: 2150 Centre Avenue, Building E Fort Collins, CO 80526